Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragonFlyBSD Pulls In FreeBSD's AMD Radeon Driver

Phoronix: DragonFlyBSD Pulls In FreeBSD's AMD Radeon Driver

In late August an open-source AMD Radeon KMS graphics driver was added to FreeBSD after being ported over from the Linux kernel; this new Radeon KMS driver will be a feature of FreeBSD 10.0. DragonFlyBSD developers have now in turn ported the FreeBSD Radeon graphics driver to their BSD distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool!

I hope the DragonFly BSD developers manage to contribute some patches back to Mesa and Radeon to improve the drivers for everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I hope the DragonFly BSD developers manage to contribute some patches back to Mesa and Radeon to improve the drivers for everyone!
      This won't happen. DRM/KMS is a *huge* piece of code, which requires very specific knowledge. The port is mostly a one man work, and it's already a lot of work to keep it up to date. I don't think dragonfly developpers will have time or want to improve significantly the code.

Comment

Working...
      X