Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mir Bumped To Version 0.0.15 & Mir Server 7

Default Mir Bumped To Version 0.0.15 & Mir Server 7

Phoronix: Mir Bumped To Version 0.0.15 & Mir Server 7

With the 1100th revision to Mir's Bazaar repository, Mir graduated to version 0.0.15 and the Mir Server Library (libmirserver) had an ABI bump to version 7...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ4NjU

Thumbs down Boooooo

Wayland is better.

Given the head start Wayland had, I would fully expect it to be "better" in the literal sense given the project maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by Redi44 View Post
    Wayland is better.
    I'm trying to figure out why so many 'senior members' act like immature kids. What, did canonical kill your family or something?

If you don't like it, you could at least say something a little more grown up, like, "Even though Wayland arguably better, it's good to see progress on mir." If you'd rather have then be working on wayland than mir, then you completely missed the reason why they decided to go with mir.

I think I'll reserve judgement until I hear what LinuxGamer thinks.

Best I can figure is Canonical kicked some folks' puppy when they decided to roll their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Redi44 View Post
    Wayland is better.
    1000X better

Quote Originally Posted by akincer View Post
    Given the head start Wayland had, I would fully expect it to be "better" in the literal sense given the project maturity.
    and given all of the Code Used from Wayland development that Mir is using i say there was no head start at all and you will not find maturity in Mir or any thing from Crapnonical

hmm
    (Crapnonical Leading the Way to Linux's failure to take the desktop market share)
    damn thats a nice slogan

I don't think either side is looking too rosy in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by profoundWHALE View Post
    I'm trying to figure out why so many 'senior members' act like immature kids. What, did canonical kill your family or something?

If you don't like it, you could at least say something a little more grown up, like, "Even though Wayland arguably better, it's good to see progress on mir." If you'd rather have then be working on wayland than mir, then you completely missed the reason why they decided to go with mir.
    There is 99.999999999999% no reason for Mir it was developed for Legal only CLA + Mir = Winning Legal battles and a bigger walled garden

Quote Originally Posted by profoundWHALE View Post
    If you'd rather have then be working on wayland than mir, then you completely missed the reason why they decided to go with mir.
    Oh? I guess I completely missed the reason why they decided to go with Mir. What was that reason, again?