Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leadwerks Game Engine Starts Rendering On Linux

Phoronix: Leadwerks Game Engine Starts Rendering On Linux

Having raised $42,358 USD this summer of a $20,000 goal on Kickstarter, the Leadwerks Game Engine has been in the process of being ported to Linux. While the Leadwerks Linux port isn't yet ready for game developers, it is making progress and the first 3D rendering was just achieved...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Propietary?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they seem to use Dev-c++ which has a GPL license and you said it is propietary (no source code) software?

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but they seem to use Dev-c++ which has a GPL license and you said it is propietary (no source code) software?
      Just because they are using a GPL licensed IDE doesn't mean the stuff they MAKE with it has to be GPL or FOSS.

Comment

No, that?s CodeBlocks. Hence the iconic colored blocks for the application icon.

Comment

Beta's shouldn't be reserved for people who dump loads of cash. Beta's should be released to public ($5-10 in this case I suppose) to bug test. Alpha's should be released to people so they can contribute properly if they dumped massive amounts of money (500 of 20,000 is massive in a relative sense) on the project, and obviously wish to see it succeed and likely have a vested interest in making sure it does. Or just have a lot of disposable income to throw about.
          Hi

Comment

Nope, that?s CodeBlocks. Just look at the iconic colored blocks in the sidebar.

Comment

I'm not all that impressed by what I have seen of Leadwerks so far, it looks ok but seems kind of on par with the Blender Game Engine as far as features and performance. I couldn't find any interesting games that have already been made with it either (not that I have tried all that hard), so it isn't even like we will suddenly see an influx of interesting existing games to Linux because of this port. One thing that really turns me off about it is that in the EULA they forbid making your game capable of using mods unless you set it up where mods have to be made with Leadwerks, meaning anyone who wants to make a mod for your game would need to drop the $200 for a license. Everything about this project just sort of makes me say, 'meh'.

Comment

Working...
              X