Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland-Based Hawaii Desktop Is Still Active

Phoronix: Wayland-Based Hawaii Desktop Is Still Active

While there's been a lot of Wayland announcements recently, there hasn't been much news on the Wayland-powered Qt5-based Hawaii desktop that's part of the Maui project. Though they have hit a roadblock in their "Green Island" Wayland compositor, the desktop shell continues to move forward with new features and functionality...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What is the point of rewriting a compositor if Weston works fine and fast?

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
      The wayland developers are VERY clear that Weston is a test-bed for ideas and is only an example of how to do things. It probably will never get optimized fully and is only meant to be there as a tutorial for Gnome or Enlightenment or KDE to show a way to do their own work
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Same reason we have dozens of window managers: to implement custom UI and behavior.

Comment

More likely they'll end up using KWin 5.

Comment

Re: Wayland-Based Hawaii Desktop Is Still Active

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
            More likely they'll end up using KWin 5.
            exact Yes i agree with Awesomeness!

Comment

Working...
            X