Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Lands Support For ARB_texture_query_levels

Phoronix: Mesa Lands Support For ARB_texture_query_levels

The necessary plumbing has happened inside Mesa for handling the OpenGL ARB_texture_query_levels extension and it's now implemented for the open-source Intel Linux graphics driver on Sandy Bridge hardware and newer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

3.. 2.. 1.. START!

Whos next AMD or Nouveau team?

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
      3.. 2.. 1.. START!

Whos next AMD or Nouveau team?
      Looking at http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/docs/GL3.txt, most likely AMD r600.

GL 3.x features generally seem to be (i965, r600), with r300 and swrast getting it next.

I notice that for GL 3.2 to be finished, Mesa has these two items that aren't DONE:
      GLSL 1.50 in progress
      Geometry shaders (GL_ARB_geometry_shader4) partially done
      All new features in GL 3.3 are done.

...All of which means that pretty soon, my HD3200M will have support for the highest GL level possible on the hardware.
      Of course, I'm still waiting for UVD1/UVD2 (as opposed to UVD2.1) support to land.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibidem View Post
        ...All of which means that pretty soon, my HD3200M will have support for the highest GL level possible on the hardware.
        Of course, I'm still waiting for UVD1/UVD2 (as opposed to UVD2.1) support to land.
        UVD1 support probably won't land at all as the hardware is quite buggy, UVD 2.0 not any time soon

Comment

Working...
        X