No announcement yet.

Civilization V Might Be Heading To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only one of the following statements will become reality. Which one do you think it will be?

* Amazon will f*ck up and let Linux users believe a swarm of top tier games are coming to Linux, despite the complete absence of an announcement from game studios
    * Elvis will return to earth, flying a UFO and drinking cherry cola purchased from an RC vending machine
    * 2011 will be the year of the Linux desktop (or was it 2010? I can't remember which year it didn't happen.)

I really love the Phoronix picked this as a story. Phoronix is quickly becoming Linux tabloid journalism. All it is missing is the page 3 girl. That said, I wouldn't mind a page 3 girl in Phoronix. Who is with me?
    Last edited by ronybeck; 06 October 2013, 09:31 PM.

Comment

That "source" also says that it's coming out for Windows ME. This is ridiculous, how was this posted as an article?

Comment

Originally posted by tga.d View Post
        That "source" also says that it's coming out for Windows ME. This is ridiculous, how was this posted as an article?
        It is, as another poster described it, "click bait". And we all took it. I am sure the additional advertising revenue will be worth it if someone is dumb enough to paste this to /.

There is plenty of real news to talk about without this kind of over hyped drivel.

Comment

Someone emailed Amazon: http://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming...ersion/ccktcup and they said yes. I'm hoping it's true!

Comment

Originally posted by ronybeck View Post
            I am currently using an ATI Radeon HD 5850 and the experience is less than perfect. ... With the open source drivers, bits of my screen disappear sporadically.
            Have you reported the bug?

With a good report it could be solved tomorrow you know.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
              Have you reported the bug?

With a good report it could be solved tomorrow you know.
              Your quite optimistic.

I am sure with a good bug report it could be solved but I am giving this card away in 2 days. So I won't have much opportunity to test any fixes that I get. Even if they did fix it tomorrow.

Comment

A good bug report is also half the work...

Comment

Originally posted by yuumei View Post
                  Someone emailed Amazon: http://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming...ersion/ccktcup and they said yes. I'm hoping it's true!
                  I was in agreement that this was a mistake, but I've just noticed the title of the game itself now says "2K Definitive Strategy Collection - Multiple (Windows and Linux): select platform(s)". Maybe this isn't an error?

Comment

It was an error, so. Linux is no more listed on product page.

Comment

It's good to see more and more publishers starting to support Linux.It is definetly a good thing to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X