Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Releases Major Linux Driver With New Features, EGL

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases Major Linux Driver With New Features, EGL

NVIDIA this morning unveiled their first Linux graphics driver beta as part of the 331.xx series. The NVIDIA 331.13 Beta that was released this morning for Linux systems is quite exciting in that it brings a whole lot of fixes, improvements, and new features. Perhaps most exciting is that there's finally (but limited) EGL support right now -- a precursor for handling Wayland and Mir...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A small step for Nvidia, a giant leap for Wayland and Mir.

Comment

Hell yeah X11 EGL driver not Wayland or Mir

Added support for the EGL API on 32-bit platforms. Currently, the supported client APIs are OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0, and the only supported window system backend is X11.
      ohh Yeah i forgot Nvidia Removed Linux Driver Feature Due to Windows
      Last edited by LinuxGamer; 04 October 2013, 08:40 AM. Reason: Fuck You Nvidia!!

Comment

Optimus

Bah, still no official Optimus support

Comment

Originally posted by ollybee View Post
          Bah, still no official Optimus support
          what do you think this is??

Added support for multiple NVIDIA kernel modules. This feature allows users to assign different GPUs in the system to different NVIDIA kernel modules, potentially reducing the software overhead of coordinating access to multiple GPUs.

Comment

- GPU utilization reporting is now available through the NVIDIA Settings control panel.
            The feature they removed in the past is back after an ultra-simple workaround by a brave user?

Nvidia? panhandlers (no offence for the latter)
            Last edited by kokoko3k; 04 October 2013, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
              what do you think this is??
              How is that related to optimus? They talk about 2 discrete cards, not a word on intel c/gpus.

Comment

I regret. I regret. I relly do regret building my system with AMD ATI.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
                  I relly do regret building my system with AMD ATI.
                  fglrx has EGL support for years: http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-s...opengl-es-sdk/

Comment

This beta looks good - i'm gonna give it a spin later...

Even though the EGL support isn't useful yet - At least this shows we will have wayland support soonish

Comment

Working...
                    X