Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotwell 0.15 Brings Several Enhancements

Phoronix: Shotwell 0.15 Brings Several Enhancements

The Shotwell photo management/organizer software for the GNOME desktop has been updated. As the first major update to Shotwell in several months, this release comes with several changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Maybe should have upload to trovebox support.

Comment

they should have just cloned f spot to make it non-mono (nothing against mono, I actually love .net and think CLI is leap forward in computer science). look at GNU. the entire idea behind it was to create a FOSS clone of proprietary Unix, not reinvent the wheel.
      the shotwell guys basically set us back a decade. It's 2013 and the default Gnome photo manager is a freaking embarrassment. Years of work down the drain, thank you anti-.NET zealots. Now as we use a photo manager that has the functionality of iPhoto from 2003, we can take solace that MS is not suing us for patent violations. Yupee! At this rate we might as well just print out photos and put it in a photo album.

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
        they should have just cloned f spot to make it non-mono (nothing against mono, I actually love .net and think CLI is leap forward in computer science). look at GNU. the entire idea behind it was to create a FOSS clone of proprietary Unix, not reinvent the wheel.
        the shotwell guys basically set us back a decade. It's 2013 and the default Gnome photo manager is a freaking embarrassment. Years of work down the drain, thank you anti-.NET zealots. Now as we use a photo manager that has the functionality of iPhoto from 2003, we can take solace that MS is not suing us for patent violations. Yupee! At this rate we might as well just print out photos and put it in a photo album.
        What's your problem with it? I've been using Shotwell for the past few years, and it works great... much better than F-Spot ever used to (it was good for it's time, but last time I used it, I found it grew unstable with a few thousand photos, and had some nasty bugs around timestamp/timezone handling which the devs seemed disinterested in addressing).

Comment

Working...
        X