Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers Released For Linux

Phoronix: Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers Released For Linux

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers has been released as the latest flight simulator title to come for Linux gaming...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great, will be my first Steam purchase today and Linux game for a long time.

Comment

Great news! *Buy*.

- Gilboa
      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

The biggest problem with Games on Linux is that, for most of the Games that come out now, chances are you probably played it years ago. What we need are exclusive titles and titles available at the same time as other Operating Systems; if we are going to advance Gaming on Linux.

You can't release old titles that people have played and got bored with already, on Linux and expect great sales. If you're going to release those, then developers should set their sales expectations very low.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
          The biggest problem with Games on Linux is that, for most of the Games that come out now, chances are you probably played it years ago. What we need are exclusive titles and titles available at the same time as other Operating Systems; if we are going to advance Gaming on Linux.

You can't release old titles that people have played and got bored with already, on Linux and expect great sales. If you're going to release those, then developers should set their sales expectations very low.
          Meh... I've got so many games that I've bought and haven't gotten a chance to play yet, so if someone takes a bit of time to release the Linux port, I probably won't really notice for a while. Yes, there are some new games that come out that I want to play immediately, but those are few and far between.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post

... I'd much rather releases like this (and let's face it we dont have too many games of this type on Linux) than none at all.

Make no mistake though, times are quickly changing and more and more games are heading for us (even from day dot of release). Patience is needed though.

Comment

The windows release dates from last year, hence that's not a old game...

Comment

Working...
              X