Lima Driver Has Some Speed Wins, But Will Not Be Mainlined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pierce View Post
    With the proclamation that there is no intent on mainlining lima, is this indefinitely? Or just at this current point? What would be the roadmap to get lima mainline?
    It will Just Work when using the right packages, and you will get an updated driver quickly and easily.

Originally posted by pierce View Post
    I'm just looking forward to a future where cheap Android devices from china could be running a fully fledged linux desktop environment. Mali seems to be the most prevalent gpu going round on cheap SoCs at the moment.
    This you can already have on sunxi hw, but lima will make it even easier and better.

Comment

Oh, those 6-10% gains on glmark2-es2 is with 4x MSAA enabled, as i currently have this hardwired to on (as the hw is designed so that it gets 4xMSAA almost for free). Lima will give everyone the ability to enable 4xMSAA _all_ the time. A potential 60% performance gain under X11 while enjoying 4xMSAA, how nice is that

Comment

Originally posted by libv View Post
        Oh, those 6-10% gains on glmark2-es2 is with 4x MSAA enabled, as i currently have this hardwired to on (as the hw is designed so that it gets 4xMSAA almost for free). Lima will give everyone the ability to enable 4xMSAA _all_ the time. A potential 60% performance gain under X11 while enjoying 4xMSAA, how nice is that
        Any OEM's interested? (So that Lima lands as fully supported out-of-the-box on shipping hw.)

Did You checked Dolphin recent blog post? It seams some code is shared between Mali and Ardreno binary blobs. Seen it in open source code?

(Oh! And did You think about exposing very good debug info in Your driver via KHR_debug so that actual app devs have reason for pushing for Lima drivers as default?)
        Last edited by przemoli; 05 October 2013, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
          Did You checked Dolphin recent blog post? It seams some code is shared between Mali and Ardreno binary blobs. Seen it in open source code?
          I believe that was intended as a joke because they both had the same bug. I really doubt the mali and adreno blobs actually share some code.

Comment

Originally posted by robclark View Post
            I believe that was intended as a joke because they both had the same bug. I really doubt the mali and adreno blobs actually share some code.
            Dunno if this is the case but some closed source drivers are based on mesa, so it may be true that some drivers share code.

Comment

Working...
            X