Ubuntu 13.10 Desktop Will Not Use XMir By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    I know Fedora is simply going to be offering a technical preview with 19 and will not ship it by default until Fedora 20 (which will likely be released after Ubuntu 14.04) but considering XMir is basically just an insincere confidence trick, I do not think we need make the big distinction.
    You've got your versions out by one. Fedora 19 is the current version, released earlier this year - F20 is the next version, which will include the Wayland preview, and F21 is the version they're targeting to have it as default.

Comment

I have been using xmir on 13.10 for the past month, and while it is in pretty decent shape at this point, I can see why they would delay broad roll out. Multi monitor needs to be better and with the rapid mir development push on the touch side, the desktop side of things is not getting the love it needs, yet. One recent glitch has me switching back to X for most games, though I expect a fix for that soon. Xmir has been decent so far, give it a month or two and it will be ready for most users.

Comment

Canonical making sensible decisions? I'm not sure how I feel about that...

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
          You've got your versions out by one. Fedora 19 is the current version, released earlier this year - F20 is the next version, which will include the Wayland preview, and F21 is the version they're targeting to have it as default.
          Yes, indeed.

Comment

Possibly the only major decision in Mir's/XMir's development that was based on technical grounds?

Comment

Working...
            X