Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmstick
    I don't use Windows..... http://pastebin.com/u/mmstick
    Next time, instead of being an assuming dumbass, keep your immature comments to yourself.
    4 scripts doesn't prove that really all the time you're using linux

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick
      Post the output of this command:

ls -lct /etc | tail -1 | awk '{print $6, $7, $8}'

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
        Stop trolling, radeon 7xxx is a bullshit on linux, with and without catalyst, sure you only use windows.
        I use a 7950 with Catalyst drivers. Works quite ok.
        Most issues I face have to do with exotic multi-display configurations with some screens rotated.
        However, IIRC, performance of 79xx compared to 69xx is lower according to some recent benchmarks by Michael.
        Not a good sign actually. Especially, since those ASICs are around for more than two years.

Comment

Originally posted by leonmaxx View Post
          This bug/incompatiblity i had only with 3.8 kernel, sleep/restore works perfectly with 3.2 and 3.5 (did'nt tried with 3.11).
          hmm, i dont know why but the same issue in Ubuntu 12.10 (maybe catalyst 13.2 at this time)

Comment

which setup?

Originally posted by paulf
            NO. This driver is a disaster. In medium term testing its taking down the xserver. GPU accel bits of browser are dying too.
            Do you test under ubuntu stable/beta/64bit?? Which version of the x-server, which kernel?
            I am just curious. If it works with kernel 3.11 I?d like to test it on opensuse tumbleweed with my 7950 hd.

Comment

This driver is the worst I ever tried.

I have a 7970 running in Ubuntu 13.10 (64 bit) with two screens. I am using gnome-flashback without any compositing effects. Just after logging in the system there were small glitches and artifacts on the screen. After 10-15 minutes the system totally crashed. So I switched back to the fglrx driver in the repositories which is working fine.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
                Do you test under ubuntu stable/beta/64bit?? Which version of the x-server, which kernel?
                I am just curious. If it works with kernel 3.11 I?d like to test it on opensuse tumbleweed with my 7950 hd.
                I'm running it on Debian Jessie x64 w/ a custom 3.11 kernel and a 7870. No major problems so far.

Comment

With this driver I can't play any valve games , leaft 4 dead 2 had big stuttering, dota2 10 fps..., serious sam bfe3, 15 fps ... :/ disaster

Comment

Originally posted by CrvenaZvezda View Post
                    I only had problems like this when playing with non-stable repositories...
                    I was talking/ranting about the AMD proprietary drivers.

Comment

Finally, some light !

Well, you know I've been complaining around here about APUs, but, last night, I had some spare time and I tried the new 13.10 beta on an A10-4600M Trinity and an A10-6800K Richland and, finally, it seems to work in the worst offending cases, like The Cave and TF2/Portal with high-quality settings enabled and, as a subjective, quick evaluation, TF2 seems to work more smoothly @1080p ( on the A10-6800K ).

Video playback seems to work OK, sound over HDMI seems to work ( at least, stereo ).
                      Unfortunately, you still have to reboot the OS to activate multiple displays ...

I didn't have time to do a lot of tests, but I plan to test and see if it works when activating the (crossfired) dGPU.

Comment

Working...
                      X