AMD Puts Catalyst 13.10 GPU Driver Into Beta State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agross View Post
    Well, you know I've been complaining around here about APUs, but, last night, I had some spare time and I tried the new 13.10 beta on an A10-4600M Trinity and an A10-6800K Richland and, finally, it seems to work in the worst offending cases, like The Cave and TF2/Portal with high-quality settings enabled and, as a subjective, quick evaluation, TF2 seems to work more smoothly @1080p ( on the A10-6800K ).

Video playback seems to work OK, sound over HDMI seems to work ( at least, stereo ).
    Unfortunately, you still have to reboot the OS to activate multiple displays ...

I didn't have time to do a lot of tests, but I plan to test and see if it works when activating the (crossfired) dGPU.
    Have you tried left 4 dead2 or dota? I can't play this games...., serious sam bfe3, so slow compared to windows.

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
      all closed source drivers suck!

ftfy ........

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
        Have you tried left 4 dead2 or dota? I can't play this games...., serious sam bfe3, so slow compared to windows.
        I?ve tried left4dead with the 13.10 beta and it worked smooth and stable (with HD 7950 under opensuse tumbleweed 64 bit) - much better than last time I checked under 13.8 beta 1 that had graphical problems with the film grain.
        I?ll test xbmc with xvba on monday and other games.

cheers tomme

Comment

Basically you can play L4D2 with fgrlx 13.10 beta 2 but it is really slow compared to win, the autodetected values are definitely unplayable with my hd 5670. When you lower the settings then it runs, nvidia autodetected values usually work (i always change the res to native 1920x1200 however).

Comment

left4dead2

You are right. L4D2 is a bit choppy with 8xMSAA and 16xAF. It runs smooth on 4xMSAA and 8xAF. On my HD 7950 that should be better I guess....
            X3 albion prelude works on highest settings, but without AA... yes I enabled it in the settings...
            Serious Sam 3 does not even start, but thats since some time ago. I think last time it worked was with the 13.1 driver...

I also tested xbmc 12.2 and vlc 2.1 FullHD video playback with vaapi - still choppy on vlc, smooth on xbmc. I could not test xvba as the opensuse rpm seems to be compiled without and even if i would compile myself I think it would not tell me for sure if it would also work on my E-350 htpc...

so basically I am stuck on fglrx until suse 13.1 and will then switch to oss-driver at the end of the year, when the packages are in such a shape, that I do not have to manualy patch kernel or compile git mesa myself...

cheers, tomme
            Last edited by tomtomme; 07 October 2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Hotfix for SS3 after every driver change:
              Code:
              rm -rvf ~/.steam/root/SteamApps/common/Serious\ Sam\ 3/Temp/ShaderCache/

Comment

release 13.10 broke backlight.

My laptop:
                Samsung Series 5 535U3C A1
                APU AMD A4-4355M
                Trinity [Radeon HD 7400G]
                Ubuntu 12.04 with kernel 3.8.0-31-generic and 3.11.3-031103-generic and lts-raring hw stack
                with Catalyst 13.08 no problem, with 13.10 beta 2 backlight button are broken.

Comment

Originally posted by mizi View Post
                  My laptop:
                  APU AMD A4-4355M
                  Ubuntu 12.04 with kernel 3.8.0-31-generic and 3.11.3-031103-generic and lts-raring hw stack
                  Today I installed the new version 13.11 beta

but the problem remains

Comment

Originally posted by mizi View Post
                    My laptop:
                    APU AMD A4-4355M
                    Today I installed the new version 13.11 beta

but the problem remains

Comment

Working...
                    X