Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD 9.2 Brings ZFS TRIM, ZFS LZ4, Updated DTrace

Phoronix: FreeBSD 9.2 Brings ZFS TRIM, ZFS LZ4, Updated DTrace

After being challenged by days and while FreeBSD 10.0 is up to Alpha 4, the FreeBSD Foundation and its developers released FreeBSD 9.2 today as stable...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

zpool version?

Kudos to the FreeBSD team for all the hard work in getting this release out!

I couldn't find any clear info about the current ZFS zpool version used in FreeBSD 9.2. Is it still at 28, or are they moving up to 5000 to take advantage of feature flags?

Comment

Originally posted by hiddenmaverick View Post

I couldn't find any clear info about the current ZFS zpool version used in FreeBSD 9.2. Is it still at 28, or are they moving up to 5000 to take advantage of feature flags?
      This is what I could dig up:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?q...SD+9.2-RELEASE

Comment

Originally posted by hiddenmaverick View Post

The ZFS storage pool version in FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE is v5000 with feature flags. In fact LZ4 compression is one of the features that come with feature flags enabled.

Comment

Working...
        X