Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XWayland DDX Based On GLAMOR Released

Phoronix: XWayland DDX Based On GLAMOR Released

Code was published on Monday to xf86-video-wlglamor, a new X.Org DDX graphics driver that supports XWayland and provides hardware acceleration via the OpenGL-using GLAMOR library...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The idea to have one main DDX is that we can focus on this one and have less to maintain.

Now we can focus on improving performance.

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
      The idea to have one main DDX is that we can focus on this one and have less to maintain.

Now we can focus on improving performance.
      post some videos of games running on Xwayland will help to get people's attention i'm going to do the same just been working a lot lately

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
        post some videos of games running on Xwayland will help to get people's attention i'm going to do the same just been working a lot lately
        My hard drive on which I installed it hasn't enough free space for that.

For the moment, it shouldn't be extremely interesting, due to the fact that performance isn't yet in par (that seems to be due to non-optimised compositing done by the X window manager under Weston), and that it get tearings.

Comment

Working...
        X