Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallium3D OpenCL Is Starting To Show Progress

Phoronix: Gallium3D OpenCL Is Starting To Show Progress

Tom Stellard of AMD shared a status update on the current support level and capabilities of the open-source OpenCL implementation by Gallium3D's Clover state tracker and the open-source AMD Radeon Linux graphics driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As Tom said in the talk, if anyone has an OpenCL application that they want to see working, we'd love to hear about it. Either file a bug report on fd.o or send an email to the appropriate mailing list (either [email protected] or [email protected] probably).

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
      As Tom said in the talk, if anyone has an OpenCL application that they want to see working, we'd love to hear about it. Either file a bug report on fd.o or send an email to the appropriate mailing list (either [email protected] or [email protected] probably).
      Darktable. Blender. Gimp???

Comment

The day I can run FAH on my 7970's is the day I run Linux fulltime and just boot to Windows to game in 3D
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
        Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
          The day I can run FAH on my 7970's is the day I run Linux fulltime and just boot to Windows to game in 3D
          At the moment you can just run bfgminer: no scrypt, no pyrit and no Folding @Home. Too bad
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Hi all

I intend to learn openCL and I have an AMD card. I dont want to boot to Windows just to run OpenCL examples .

I dont want to use fglrx driver for the reasons well known and am really happy with 3.11.2 + mesa 9.3git.

Is the current clover implementation good enough to just use it or is it lacking in any of the OpenCL features?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X