Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Linux CONFIG_VT Mayhem

Phoronix: The Linux CONFIG_VT Mayhem

In the past number of months on Phoronix there have been numerous articles about the conquest of David Herrmann and others to killing CONFIG_VT in the Linux kernel or at least deprecating it. Here's the latest material on the matter...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Gladly this Linux thing is open source, so he can remove this virtual terminals from his own kernel builds, but not mine, not anyone else's.

Comment

Seems to be Red Hat or Fedora sponsored action.

Comment

pacmd set-sink-volume 1 100000

And use headphones...

Edit: increment that 100000 slowly from 50000. I'm pretty sure it's safe but...

Oh, and someone should probably make sure that display buffer exploit fix will get backported... it's exactly the kind of fixes that the stable distribution miss because it sounds like a feature. Though it would be hilarious to ssh an unprivileged user on a workstation in the office and vnc a screen capture back and to see what people are up to LOLz
        Last edited by c117152; 25 September 2013, 03:52 PM. Reason: disclaimer

Comment

Looking forward to this landing.
          David had done so much awesome just to get rid of our pseudo-userspace vt system. That that was so difficult suggests the way the current vt works is just bonkers. Of course him then saying that the code itself is also nightmarish just backs up my feeling.

Comment

Working...
          X