Please Turn Off The Honton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Turn Off The Honton

I'm far from the only one realizing how disruptive this individual has been lately, and the SNR ratio in the forums is low enough already. Please look through the post history if you don't know what I'm talking about. (And no, I'm not referring to the thread Honton created, which has a specific title and can be skipped by someone who's not interested in desktop environment holy wars). Going into a news thread about KDE and making antagonistic statements about how much KDE and kwin suck is trolling at its purest. Any topic vaguely related to Gnome/KDE is derailed. "Gstreamer 1.2 released? Let's talk about how much KDE sucks in the first post!" http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...238#post359238

Note: I don't use KDE, so don't please mistake me for an upset KDE fan/user/dev.
    Note2: No, I'm not using the ignore list, because it doesn't work well for a case like this.

Thanks

I support this. His posts don't get people anywhere. Probably he wants to clash GNOME versus KDE just to make flamewars for own pleasure, or like BOSS, is windows agend who is here only for trolling.

Comment

So how come Boos isnt in your crosshair hes been doing the same thing even longer?

I support banning Boss and Honton

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiliez View Post
        So how come Bo$$ isn't in your crosshair? He's been doing the same thing even longer?
        I already asked for him to be warned/banned once, and he was, but then came back as sort of a caricature of himself that few people respond to. The ignore list would work well in such a case.
        Also, I try to avoid news threads about Ubuntu/Mir/Wayland, so I'm probably seeing a lot less of him.

Comment

Bump: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...339#post361339
          Honton trolling in KDE thread. (Surprise!)

Comment

Bump.

Why is BO$$ banned, but Honton isn't? Honton is just as bad a troll as BO$$ was.

Comment

Bump.....

Comment

He might be a bit obsessive but censorship is not a way. If you don't like his opinions, just don't read his posts - it's simple.

Comment

Originally posted by littleowl View Post
                  He might be a bit obsessive but censorship is not a way. If you don't like his opinions, just don't read his posts - it's simple.
                  Censorship? This is a privately owned forum. There is no right to free speech on private forums, and therefore, the term is "enforcing the rules", not 'censorship'.

Comment

Originally posted by littleowl View Post
                    I don't agree that he should just be banned. He's not being abusive or resulted to personal attacks. It's just a little bit of ignorance.
                    I would suggest a mod to send him a PM and then close this thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X