Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to check if system using r600g driver (HD 4330)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to check if system using r600g driver (HD 4330)?

Hi,

Is there any way to check if my system using r600g driver? Is it enabled in mesa by default, or it should be compilled with additional options? Right know I'm using Mesa 9.0.2 from openSuse 12.3 repository. The glxinfo command returns: OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV710. Is that mean I'm using r600g driver right know? I know this driver was just an option some time ago, but maybe it's set as default right now? I will be very gratefull for answering my questions.

Regards,
    pablo90

Originally posted by pablo90 View Post
    1. Is there any way to check if my system using r600g driver?
    2. Is it enabled in mesa by default?
    3. Should be compilled with additional options?
    4. The glxinfo command returns: OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV710. Is that mean I'm using r600g driver right know?
    5. I know this driver was just an option some time ago, but maybe it's set as default right now?
    In order:
    1. Yes: the command & output you typed later show that you are using r600g.
    2. Yes
    3. It can be, but you're probably best leaving it unless you know that you're missing something you need from later versions of mesa.
    4. Yes
    5. The other driver for your card was r600c (c for classic). It hasn't been the default for several years now though (r600g is faster, more stable, has more features, is supported etc.)

:-)

Comment

Working...
    X