FlightGear 2.12 Is Flying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    I understand that it is more focused on simulation than gaming, but it would be much cooler to fly a simulation of something cool than fly a simulation of a piece-of-shit aircraft.

Not even a JAS 39 Gripen or a MiG-27.
    Hey, don't diss the Gripen! Especially the Swiss or NG version. If we consider that the effectiveness of a weapon system is the combination of that weapon system's potency with how often it can be brought to bear, we suddenly realize that the total cost of ownership of a weapon system is a key variable in measuring that weapon system's effectiveness. In that respect, it has been claimed that the Gripen NG is the most effective combat aircraft in the world. The reason for poor export sales is usually blamed on politics and business. The politics: Sweden, like the US, has a reputation for using supply contracts as a means of imposing its foreign policy on foreign buyers of their weapon systems, and this is highly undesirable to many potential buyers. The business: Sweden has not been able to offer the same kind of industrial offsets as France, the United States, Russia and other competitors to the Gripen, and both Brazil and India have placed great emphasis on industrial offsets in their current combat aircraft procurements.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I understand that it is more focused on simulation than gaming, but it would be much cooler to fly a simulation of something cool than fly a simulation of a piece-of-shit aircraft.

Not even a JAS 39 Gripen or a MiG-27.
      A C-130 "Hercules" cargo plane, an Air Force workhorse since 1954, was flying over the Persian Gulf on a mission when a cocky pilot in an F-16 "Fighting Falcon" fighter flew up next to him.

F-16 Fighting FalconThe fighter jock got on the radio and told the C-130 pilot, "Watch this!" and promptly went into a barrel roll followed by a steep climb. He then finished with a sonic boom as he broke the sound barrier.

The F-16 pilot asked the C-130 pilot what he thought of that.

The C-130 pilot said, "That was impressive, but watch this!"

The C-130 droned along for about 5 minutes, and then the C-130 pilot came back on the radio and said, "What did you think of that?"

Puzzled, the F-16 pilot asked, "I didn't see anything. What the hell did you do?"

C-130 HerculesThe C-130 pilot chuckled, "I stood up, stretched my legs, went to the back, took a leak, then got a cup of coffee and a sweet roll."

Comment

Working...
      X