Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Publishes HDA Audio GPU Documentation

Phoronix: AMD Publishes HDA Audio GPU Documentation

AMD has finally published NDA-free public programming documentation concerning the HDA audio support on Radeon GPUs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Amd forever!!!!

! Amd forever!!!! Nvidia:

Comment

Another step in the right direction, but still no alternative for modern GPUs. We're getting there though.

Until then, I'll stick to NVIDIA on my desktop and to AMD on my laptop.

Comment

While i don't give a fuck for something more than stereo when it comes to audio thank you AMD.

Comment

/throws money at AMD

thank you

been a long time I last used a AMD cpu + GPU combination but it's worth it
          (server)

now looking forward to using the HDMI/audio part properly on the gpu in my desktop
          Last edited by kernelOfTruth; 21 September 2013, 04:04 PM.

Comment

This is great. I really was literally reading up on HDMI audio support on Radeons under Linux when this popped up on my feed reader.

Comment

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing View Post
              ! Amd forever!!!! Nvidia:
              pick of linus
              What have you done with Linuses finger? You know i can still see what his showing.

Comment

As far as i know, this is the first time since late 2008 that i think docs have been released by the ATI guys. The shader ISA stuff was done by the AMD GPGPU group, which at least in 2008, was a newly formed team and not some old ATI haunt. Does anyone know how this doc came to be?

Well done anyway though. Now where are all those other docs that we should've had in the past 5 years ;p

Comment

Yay well done AMD!

Now someone please crack the whip on the developers cause I need HDMI audio on my HD 7850 :P

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
                    Yay well done AMD!

Now someone please crack the whip on the developers cause I need HDMI audio on my HD 7850 :P
                    Unless you're hitting one of the bugs you can enable it yourself with radeon.audio=1 though I agree it should be on by default
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X