Valve Launches Countdown For SteamBox News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by verde View Post
    Steam Box with HL3 exclusive on Linux and the console! Am I over-optimistic?
    Not to me. Sound like you're right on the money. It would be the perfect killer app for their hardware venture.
    Last edited by c117152; 20 September 2013, 07:13 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Yes you are, Valve is going for multiplatform, they will not discriminate against OS X and Windows user has long has each platform stay open enough for them to distribute on them.

Comment

yes... i would love to see that happen, but it's just a dream.

Comment

the steambox gamepad already looks like it will Suck.

with just 3 buttons, its just a step up from the original NES controller...

And whats up with that weird looking cat..

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
            the steambox gamepad already looks like it will Suck.

with just 3 buttons, its just a step up from the original NES controller...

And whats up with that weird looking cat..
            You, sir, are a moron.

P.S. that's not the Steam Box controller, just a CGI teaser. As I see it, they will be accepting user input on design and functionality.

Comment

If we're talking about game controller design, I've always been partial to the gamecube controller. It does many things right - different shaped buttons on the button side, to better distinguish them and easier to remember which button does what, pressure-sensitive trigger buttons, octagon-gated analog sticks... The only thing I dislike about is the swapping of the analog stick and d-pad, I feel that the PS arrangement of having both sticks on the bottom is better and more intuitive.

Oh and definitely there needs to be a real d-pad, none of these cheapo x-box-style floaty things with zero accuracy, please.

Comment

Going by all the indications so far, it's going to be an xinput compatible controller, as that's what they are already using for big picture mode. E.g. Xbox360 controller or Logitech F310 will work. The selection of buttons will likely to exactly that.

Comment

Gabe said there will be multiple steam boxes

Comment

Whatever happened to half-life 2 ep 3? I seriously doubt they'll be able to live up to expectation with the half life franchise. There are many companies devoted to producing high quality linear fps's these days, and half life 2 (awesome as it was on release) hasn't aged well. I doubt valve can afford to limit their games to just their console (Which may well flop) and linux.

Comment

how about...

...SteamBox preloaded with HL3 for "free" ?

HL3 will be available for normal PCs with Linux one week later and another week for Window$ and OS X.

No need for exclusives...only for launch-exclusives

A Blizzard title with SteamBox at launch would be also cool...

Comment

Working...
                      X