Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel + nVida CUDA simultaneously. Is it possible for Linux desktop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel + nVida CUDA simultaneously. Is it possible for Linux desktop?

Hello.
    Let me clarify what I asking is about desktop computers with intel iGPU and discrete nVidia card, which motherboard supports multi-GPU. I do not mean Optimus technology equipment.

Well, I had opened the following thread in nVidia dev forum:
    Hello. I wanted to know if is currently possible to use the intel integrated graphics as primary display (HD 4000) and nVidia GPU for computation. I know there is optimus for laptops, but I’m interested in a similar technology to desktop. For example in Blender 3D with Cycles engine and GPU compute with nVidia CUDA, the system used all graphics resources in the render and is hard to use the computer while the render is running (slow system - lagging). Would be great to use the intel graphics a...

It's about being able to use CUDA (eg Blender 3D) with discrete nVidia card, but with the intel iGPU as the primary display and the intel driver loaded.

As you can read on page 2, after doing extensive testing I asked to developers if any of them actually been able to do what I want, and I ask them to recommend the distribution in which they have managed to do it.

Do you know if it is possible?
Working...
X