Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebKitGTK+ 2.1.91 Supports Wayland As A Target

Phoronix: WebKitGTK+ 2.1.91 Supports Wayland As A Target

WebKitGTK+ 2.1.91 was released earlier this week by Igalia and among its changes include support for building this GNOME port of the WebKit rendering engine with Wayland as a target...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice I hope this clears up some of the applications that are reported as "Crashes on Start" with Note "WebKit".

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
      Nice I hope this clears up some of the applications that are reported as "Crashes on Start" with Note "WebKit".
      https://wiki.gnome.org/Wayland/Applications
      Empathy and Evolution worked on Weston X11 backend, while only Evolution worked on DRM backend but Empathy failed with some scary error message.

Epiphany, Devhelp and Yelp don't work at all for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Krejzi View Post
        Empathy and Evolution worked on Weston X11 backend, while only Evolution worked on DRM backend but Empathy failed with some scary error message.

Epiphany, Devhelp and Yelp don't work at all for me.
        Clutter things need an environment variable to be set at the moment. Did you try those Webkit using applications using this version of webkit with Wayland enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by bkor View Post
          Clutter things need an environment variable to be set at the moment. Did you try those Webkit using applications using this version of webkit with Wayland enabled?
          It's WebKit *GTK+*, it doesn't use Clutter. I found the problem. I've managed to fix Epiphany, Yelp and Devhelp. Empathy has hidden X11 deps which need to be sorted out.

Long story short, you have to disable accelerated compositing with a configure switch, but that is fixed and in svn for 2.1.92 release. Yelp had some hidden X11 deps too, but it was easy to patch it.

On the other hand, Rhythmbox is listed as working on the wiki page, but I can't get it to work at all.

Comment

Working...
          X