Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol propaganda in Phoronix

Default Alcohol propaganda in Phoronix

I visit the Phoronix site daily for the great Linux coverage from Michael Larabel. But there is something that keeps disturbing me. It is his insistence in the alcohol propaganda. While I think drug consumption is bad for him or for anyone else I'm also against prohibition. But I'm also strongly against drug propaganda. It is not only prejudicial to people's health in general but also offensive to others like me. More offensive than religion propaganda.

Now I ask to Michael. Please consider the potential damage it can cause for those lead to believe that drug consumption is cool or cute. And congratulations for the great work!!!

PS.: I'm aware of the flame attractiveness of what I'm posting so I ask every one to stay calm and wait a bit before replying.

he makes propaganda for alcohol and i do make propaganda for GBL and LSD the only difference is: GBL and LSD are healthy and can cure illness and pain (also alcohol addiction)

but i would never start an non-alcoholic propaganda threat

why not start to use drugs in a smart way to fill your needs instead of blaming others for there personal drug use ?

in my point of view your anti-drug propaganda is very offensive and hurt the people freedom of chose

It's beer. Beer! It's sacred. If you dare propose censoring it, *that* is offensive.

Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    It's beer. Beer! It's sacred. If you dare propose censoring it, *that* is offensive.

Deal with it.
    yes right censorship against drug use is really offensive!

its on the same level like raping childs!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    yes right censorship against drug use is really offensive!

its on the same level like raping childs!
    It's worse than that, even. If I had to choose between a beer and letting a child getting raped, I'd take the beer.

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    It's worse than that, even. If I had to choose between a beer and letting a child getting raped, I'd take the beer.
    maybe only Kakao chose the child instead of the beer ?

As someone who doesn't drink alcohol, I couldn't care less about Michael's beer pictures.

I started drinking beer in 2007 when I registered this Phoronix account because I thought it was cool, and I wanted to be like my hero, Michael Larabel. But seriously...

I'm also strongly against drug propaganda.
    Where is the drug propganda? Just posting a picture of the (one) beer you drank/enjoyed or even providing a review is not encouraging anyone to start drinking. I've never seen an alcohol ad or any claim on this site that alcohol is good for you. What do you see as "propaganda" (i.e. citation(s), please)?

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    GBL and LSD are healthy
    Good luck with your psychotic episodes. Judging by your tone they are not too far away.

I think the beer articles are quirky, and that they make the site more than just a linux hardware news/benchmark site and inject some personality into it. I enjoy the stream of articles being: review, review, news, benchmark, benchmark, latest mesa changes, random beer I found and enjoyed, review, news, benchmark.

The ratio of beer-stuff to linux-stuff is very strongly in favour of linux-stuff, and as a widespread and legal drug (though that word has many other connotations), I don't think posting about its occasional consumption is problematic. Similarly, I wouldn't have a problem with posting about different coffees that he has found and enjoyed.