Mir Gets Workaround For Visual Glitches, Corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
    How come a thread on Wayland comes and goes un-trolled and on topic, but every Ubuntu/Mir/Unity thread gets derailed and trolled within minutes?
    Because people have nothing better to do it seems besides bash something.

I came here to hear about the discussion of the Mir visual glitch workaround, not some (imo) fail opinions of something totally unrelated.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
      Microsoft, Apple and Canonical, the new holy trinity.
      Intel could buy RedHat and become a major Linux (services/consulting) player. Given their common interest in Wayland, they could ramp up both - coding and marketing effort to a point where Canonical would be put out of existence....

Comment

Originally posted by MartinN View Post
        Intel could buy RedHat and become a major Linux (services/consulting) player. Given their common interest in Wayland, they could ramp up both - coding and marketing effort to a point where Canonical would be put out of existence....
        And why exactly would you want Canonical to be out of existence? I'm not the biggest fan of Windows, but I don't go around wishing utter destruction of Microsoft... I just go use something else

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
          And why exactly would you want Canonical to be out of existence? I'm not the biggest fan of Windows, but I don't go around wishing utter destruction of Microsoft... I just go use something else
          Just speculating in a different manner than BO$$... that's all. I don't wish Canonical anything except a return to the light - Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinN View Post
            Microsoft would buy out Intel before they let that happen. Look at how they purchased Nokia once they found out they were working on an Android phone.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
              Microsoft would buy out Intel before they let that happen. Look at how they purchased Nokia once they found out they were working on an Android phone.
              That would be a tall order, but anything's possible.... first I hear of that Nokia/Android work .

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
                I hear you. But there are a few problems with this reasoning.

1. The goal is to create a FOSS OS. Not just an OS derived from FOSS elements. We already have two very functional OSes. (And yes I use Windows 8 and Server 2012 at home and would take a bullet for them, especially the later.)
                2. There is already "strong leadership" in the FOSS world. Both Red Hat and Attachmate are well based corporations.
                3. The crucial difference is not that we don't have strong leadership, but that only Canonical tries to make a distro with good usability for desktop users. Both RHEL and SLES are abortions, when it comes to polish and user friendliness. If anything, ironically, Debian, the grandpa distro, is light years more user friendly than RHEL. It actually has MP3 support out of the box, an ample repo, and a package management system that works well.
                What features does apt/deb have that yum/rpm is missing?

Comment

I didn't know msft had 120 billion in cash laying around...

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
                    I didn't know msft had 120 billion in cash laying around...
                    Ballmer has more than that in the little safe tucked in the wall of his corner office.

Comment

Ballmer has more than that in the little safe tucked in the wall of his corner office.

Wait...that wouldn't happen to be a man-sized case would it?

Comment

Working...
                      X