Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 20 Alpha Has Been Delayed By One Week

Phoronix: Fedora 20 Alpha Has Been Delayed By One Week

While Fedora 20 Alpha RC1 was made available yesterday, the final Fedora 20 Alpha release has been postponed by one week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

the normal

lot of bugs and problems, like 19

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
      To be fair, there's a lot going on right now. So, even if the installer was perfect, the actual packages (systemd, wayland, NetworkManager...) would be very unstable.
      That's why Debian doesn't even place new systemd and wayland packages in the Sid unstable repositories.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
        Actually 19 is proving a really smooth experience for me, unlike 18.
        Also, it's an Alpha, what do you pretend?

Comment

It wouldn't be Fedora without the release delay. =p Which is a good thing anyway.

Comment

I really don't get it - yeah, Fedora 18 was hard and I'm still looking for that missing half year of my life ;-) - but Fedora 19 release cycle was pretty smooth. One week delay is not bad in software industry . For Fedora 20 Alpha - we discovered one last minute bug and it would be pretty hard to release - wait for final fix and due to nature of fix, we would have to go through the most installer test cases. It would be doable but safer was to wait for well tested fix, that does not break anything else . On the other hand, this bug should not happen and should not be discovered so late but that's life of software developers!

Btw. Fedora 20 artwork is already done and I have to say, I like it ;-).

Comment

Originally posted by Rezza View Post
              Btw. Fedora 20 artwork is already done and I have to say, I like it ;-).
              Fedora 16 artwork still the best in my book. I liked that was not simply abstract form or a texture, while still having color that were easy on the eye.

Comment

Working...
              X