Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less Than Two Weeks To Phoronix @ Oktoberfest

Phoronix: Less Than Two Weeks To Phoronix @ Oktoberfest

In a little more than one week Oktoberfest will get underway in Munich and thus the yearly Phoronix pilgrimage...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Beer + Boobs + Linux = Phoronix?!?!?!

To me, Oktoberfest is Teh Kitch, the epitome of bad taste but not like the cool kind of bad taste, just really bad-taste bad taste. And suddenly, I see it's the meeting point for phoronix, a site I've been reading almost daily for the past maybe half a year? Wow!

On the other hand, it's kinda cool. It's like the X-Men having their annual meeting at a village speed-barfing contest; sorta: "Okay, let's quit the serious world-savin' business now and let's y'all have a helluva barfin' time! Huaaaaaaaaaarghpfffffffffffffffblurb!"

In case it isn't clear, this isn't criticism, this is just bewilderment 8-P

Comment

Looks like I will not make it this year to the Wies'n, would've liked to meet you in person.
      But I want to wish much fun and some relaxation Michael

Comment

Had I known, I would have gone last year.

Comment

Originally posted by eltomito View Post
          It's like the X-Men having their annual meeting at a village speed-barfing contest; sorta: "Okay, let's quit the serious world-savin' business now and let's y'all have a helluva barfin' time! Huaaaaaaaaaarghpfffffffffffffffblurb!"
          Did you seriously just compare Phoronix readers to the X-Men? Hell yeah!

Gotta go save the world.

Comment

Working...
          X