Humble Indie Bundle 9 Brings New Linux Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by entropy View Post
    Well, it seems he's not really on the diplomatic side.
    Why did you edit out the linked image?

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
      Why did you edit out the linked image?
      TBH, I don't know if those quotes are legit after all.
      Not clever posting it in the first place...

Comment

Originally posted by rmenessec View Post
        I see they still don't bother to list which ports for Linux (if any) have native 64-bit builds. The last time I tried to get this information from them, the HIB had ended before they replied. Can anyone tell me if any of these games have native 64-bit builds? Or are they all exclusively IA32 again?
        Happy to check! Though I never personally saw the point if not install the 32bit libs, but anyway...

Eets Munchies - 64-bit
        FTL - 64-bit
        FEZ - 64-bit

Brutal Legend - 32-bit only
        Trine 2 - 32-bit only

Mark of the Ninja - Unkown, the steam version only has 32-bit, but that's pretty normal. The Humble download is like 3GB, so it'll take a while.

Comment

Bought with bitcoin, downloaded with torrent. Some good stuff there, I've been wanting to play Fez for a while now. Great to see a Linux port of it.

Comment

Originally posted by KameZero View Post
            Happy to check! Though I never personally saw the point if not install the 32bit libs, but anyway...
            Funnily i don't see a point in installing 32bit libs in my 64bit system. I 'll probably install steam (and maybe play a game or two -i am no gamer) when no 32bit parts are required.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
              Sadly no TL2
              This exactly. I understand TL1 was done from a different company. They should get Ryan and get a TL2 port out and put both on Steam or directly from their site.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
                This exactly. I understand TL1 was done from a different company. They should get Ryan and get a TL2 port out and put both on Steam or directly from their site.
                I'd really like to see the Humble Bundle guys to change terms for the participating companies.
                If they have a game already out on Steam for Windows or even Mac, participating in a HB requires
                them to release the Linux(/Mac) ports on Steam as well.

And yes - before yelling at me - I'm all for still providing DRM-free versions with separate installers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
                  Tl1 and 2 are by the same makers.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    I'd really like to see the Humble Bundle guys to change terms for the participating companies.
                    If they have a game already out on Steam for Windows or even Mac, participating in a HB requires
                    them to release the Linux(/Mac) ports on Steam as well.

And yes - before yelling at me - I'm all for still providing DRM-free versions with separate installers.
                    Yes, this would be very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
                      Tl1 and 2 are by the same makers.
                      He meant the Linux port was done by a different company.

Comment

Working...
                      X