Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 20 Alpha RC1 Can Now Be Tested

Phoronix: Fedora 20 Alpha RC1 Can Now Be Tested

The Fedora 20 Alpha release is scheduled to happen on 17 September, but if you're excited about Fedora 20, you can now help by testing the first release candidate of the first development release for Heisenbug...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yo dawg

we heard you like test releases...

Comment

Is it just me or did Fedora make infinality-freetype2 font rendering default? I just installed it in VBox and the fonts actually look decent out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
        Is it just me or did Fedora make infinality-freetype2 font rendering default? I just installed it in VBox and the fonts actually look decent out of the box.
        wasn't at least part of infinality merged upstream? maybe they finally got a release with it included in mainline
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Ugly

Last time I tried Fedora it was ugly.
          Ugly theme, ugly icons, ugly fonts.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
            Maybe its just FreeType 2.5 with Adobe's CFF engine now the default.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              Last time I tried Fedora it was ugly.
              Ugly theme, ugly icons, ugly fonts.
              What stopped you to change them if you dislike tem?

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post
                What stopped you to change them if you dislike tem?
                Time and effort.
                I decided to just stick with Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  Time and effort.
                  You seem to have enough time and complain to complain then, don't you?
                  How long will you take you to install gnome-tweak-tool and switch to your favourite theme, fonts and icons.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post
                    You seem to have enough time and complain to complain then, don't you?
                    How long will you take you to install gnome-tweak-tool and switch to your favourite theme, fonts and icons.
                    Then google the horrible font rendering, install git, download packages, read compilation instructions, compile from source, fail, download dependencies, compile again, install, setup and configure, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X