Apple Not Yet Committing LLVM/Clang A7 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArneBab View Post
    That’s a rather insidious interpretation of the shutdown of open darwin.

Let me quote: why OpenDarwin stopped: “Availability of sources, interaction with Apple representatives, difficulty building and tracking sources, and a lack of interest from the community“

3 of 4 reasons come from Apple. And a lack of interest is easy to create by simply blocking the project, so that it cannot deliver.
    Are you completely ignorant of the existence of the Pure Darwin project? It succeeded the Open Darwin project and it is currently active. Its real problem is a lack of man power. The missing bits are fairly small and Apple's userbase does not really care about it.

There will always be things in the world that you do not like. Whining about the state of things on the forums only serves to make everyone else's lives a little more miserable. If you want things to improve, go work on Pure Darwin. Otherwise, please find a field of interest that does not involve pestering innocent bystanders.
    Last edited by ryao; 16 September 2013, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ryao View Post
      There will always be things in the world that you do not like. Whining about the state of things on the forums only serves to make everyone else's lives a little more miserable. If you want things to improve, go work on Pure Darwin. Otherwise, please find a field of interest that does not involve pestering innocent bystanders.
      The only thing which made me waste time here were the folks whining about my interpretation of Apples policy. You expect me to accept your view that Apple will keep true to opening their code, while you attack me when I say that delayed release of their sources is fully in line with their history - and that this is in line with measuring whether they can afford to bite the LLVM community or not.

And yes, I do not know Pure Darwin, because I jumped ship even before Apple bugged iTunes and locked down their iDings. I am not personally affected by their actions, but friends of mine are.

And if you downplay the effects of their delayed source release, you are no innocent bystander but an active participant in downplaying the effect of locking down users and developers. Otherwise you could have ignored what I write as just another interpretation. But you could not let that stand. So you are no bystander.

Comment

Working...
      X