2D Performance Is Improving For Ubuntu 13.10 XMir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    no not at all i say Xmir is worst then Xorg and it's rooted bad just bad May as well just use Xorg
    well it seems for now that xmir will be more backward compatible with legacy X applications than xwayland is right now, and this is pretty important since I bet that many applications will take ages to port if they are ported at all. You are right in that xmir is rooted, but I guess that will help on testing/improving xmir so when the time comes to run rootless it's performance will be top notch.
    Last edited by TheOne; 10 September 2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

how so?
      Off-topic:
      LinuxGamer is a fanboy and a close minded moron, check any mir related forum and u will understand why i say this...
      heres a advice just dont give attention to this guy, let him die alone with hes stuff.

On-Topic:
      Glad to see mir getting better, i just wish the tearing and other visual bugs are fixed and you are good to go on my end canonical.

Question to the experts (not fanboys):
      Since ubuntu 13.10 is running on Xmir wich in turn is running on mir, is it possivel to make fullscreen games bypass Xmir and talk direcly to mir?
      that would alow us to have games using native mir with better performance then X

Comment

xmir and xwayland are completely different, what a shame of comparition

xmir = full xorg run the DE
        xwayland = run only legacy apps on a MIR DE

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
          well it seems for now that xmir will be more backward compatible with legacy X applications than xwayland is right now, and this is pretty important since I bet that many applications will take ages to port if they are ported at all. You are right in that xmir is rooted, but I guess that will help on testing/improving xmir so when it runs rootless it's performance will be top notch.
          performance and Xmir LOL backward compatible LOL hey go download steam and see how well it works out for you also you need legacy hardware for Xmir i can run Wayland on new hardware just fine i'm going to be gaming on Xwayland and testing Xwayland this weekend ill let you know how it go's and i can't say the same for Xmir it runs like shit and is shit for newer hardware also RedHat is hiring more Developers for Wayland so lets see how that go's

Comment

Originally posted by MrTheSoulz View Post
            Since ubuntu 13.10 is running on Xmir wich in turn is running on mir, is it possivel to make fullscreen games bypass Xmir and talk direcly to mir?
            that would alow us to have games using native mir with better performance then X
            Nope, since those games make calls to X functions, unless they where fully ported to full EGL or instead to pure SDL, that way the backend wouldn't matter at all

Comment

performance and Xmir LOL backward compatible LOL hey go download steam and see how well it works out for you also you need legacy hardware for Xmir i can run Wayland on new hardware just fine i'm going to be gaming on Xwayland and testing Xwayland this weekend ill let you know how it go's and i can't say the same for Xmir it runs like shit and is shit for newer hardware also RedHat is hiring more Developers for Wayland so lets see how that go's
              Ohh man you made my day (launching here), you are such a funny fanboy. If you are able to run XWayland with steam please post some youtube videos and benchmarks I will be thankful

Comment

Ohh man you made my day (launching here), you are such a funny fanboy. If you are able to run XWayland with steam please post some youtube videos and benchmarks I will be thankful
                i will but why youtube? and i been working to get the shitty Xmir server fully running on newer hardware and non Intel hardware it's just been a fail so far

Comment

i will but why youtube?
                  Word of mouth will never beat hard evidence

Comment

Originally posted by allenmaher View Post
                    So before this devolves into the usual mess...
                    as in Games Low like in none just joking a little only a few games will run on this shitty server and it was just bad for me on any of my GPU's the only game a really got running was CS and i seen a few more users blah blah blah blah.....
                    #2 posts where enough for the God of Trolling.

Comment

Word of mouth will never beat hard evidence
                      i just saying you don't like vimeo podcast etc hmm maybe i do a live podcast?

Comment

Working...
                      X