Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking Linux Hardware Support, Phoronix History

Phoronix: Talking Linux Hardware Support, Phoronix History

For those interested in more of my personal views on Linux hardware support, good Linux-compatible hardware, and other open-source/hardware/benchmarking related topics, earlier this week I was on the Everyday Linux podcast talking about such Phoronix topics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I pronounce it "Meer"...

Comment

These podcasts drag us back to 2006-2007 crappy video quality.

Comment

Always nice to see/hear Michael speaking. It might be me but his workplace looks a bit more sane and organised and Michael more refreshed than from what I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          Always nice to see/hear Michael speaking. It might be me but his workplace looks a bit more sane and organised and Michael more refreshed than from what I remember.
          haha I think it's because it was too dark so you couldn't see the pile of GPUs and test equipment behind him.

But I agree that it's nice to hear him speak once in a while. The funny thing is he's actually a pretty fast speaker and can actually get a complicated point across in a short amount of time.

I think it was apparent those other guys didn't seem to be frequent readers of phoronix, as a lot of the things they didn't understand would've made more sense otherwise. I understood almost everything Michael was talking about, and that's mostly because I check out the website every day.

Comment

I liked how Michael nailed it when they asked him what's Linux good for on the desktop.

Maybe I should also get a Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy View Post
              I liked how Michael nailed it when they asked him what's Linux good for on the desktop.

Maybe I should also get a Mac.
              Can you write it here?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Can you write it here?

He didn't use words. He couldn't find any. That is somewhere in the first 15-20 minutes. I'll find the exact spot in the video later.

Comment

BTW, Phoronix podcasts should be starting up by end of the month.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

curaga can't/don't want to watch videos in his browser

I think you are talking about the question at 14:55 where michael is asked if there's a place where linux is a better choice considering the desktop and michael says 'uhm' and then there's a few seconds silence.

Comment

Working...
                    X