Thread: Talking Linux Hardware Support, Phoronix History

Hybrid View

Default Talking Linux Hardware Support, Phoronix History

Phoronix: Talking Linux Hardware Support, Phoronix History

For those interested in more of my personal views on Linux hardware support, good Linux-compatible hardware, and other open-source/hardware/benchmarking related topics, earlier this week I was on the Everyday Linux podcast talking about such Phoronix topics...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ1NjQ

I pronounce it "Meer"...

These podcasts drag us back to 2006-2007 crappy video quality.

Always nice to see/hear Michael speaking. It might be me but his workplace looks a bit more sane and organised and Michael more refreshed than from what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by d2kx View Post
    Always nice to see/hear Michael speaking. It might be me but his workplace looks a bit more sane and organised and Michael more refreshed than from what I remember.
    haha I think it's because it was too dark so you couldn't see the pile of GPUs and test equipment behind him.

But I agree that it's nice to hear him speak once in a while. The funny thing is he's actually a pretty fast speaker and can actually get a complicated point across in a short amount of time.

I think it was apparent those other guys didn't seem to be frequent readers of phoronix, as a lot of the things they didn't understand would've made more sense otherwise. I understood almost everything Michael was talking about, and that's mostly because I check out the website every day.

I liked how Michael nailed it when they asked him what's Linux good for on the desktop.

Maybe I should also get a Mac.