Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Google To Bring New Packaged Chrome Apps To Linux

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
    +1 can we please finally get rid of VCL, XUL, and co?
    Than Qt would be the only option if you don't want to maintain one gui per plattform.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaodan View Post
    Than Qt would be the only option if you don't want to maintain one gui per plattform.
    Yup, I know. But can you really argue that VCL,XUL, and co are better than Qt?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
    Yup, I know. But can you really argue that VCL,XUL, and co are better than Qt?
    well:

VCL: basically exist because was the original toolkit used to create staroffice, not really the kinda of API you enjoy to use
    Xul: is not that bad but is firefox only and contains a lot of cruft for compatibility[last time i checked] and compared to qt5 not sure how efficient can be in graphic accel, no exactly pretty but have lots of history

Quote Originally Posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    well:

VCL: basically exist because was the original toolkit used to create staroffice, not really the kinda of API you enjoy to use
    Xul: is not that bad but is firefox only and contains a lot of cruft for compatibility[last time i checked] and compared to qt5 not sure how efficient can be in graphic accel, no exactly pretty but have lots of history
    so... in short: Hell no, and kinda sorta not really. I rest my case.