Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME's Rhythmbox 3.0 Released

Phoronix: GNOME's Rhythmbox 3.0 Released

A few weeks after Amarok 2.8 was released on the KDE side, GNOME's Rhythmbox 3.0 music player is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

is this the final release of rhythmbox? there was news some time ago that the gnome devs were working on a new music player.

Comment

Originally posted by dstaubsauger View Post
      is this the final release of rhythmbox? there was news some time ago that the gnome devs were working on a new music player.
      I hope it doesn't go unmaintained. It just works for me and is always my first port of call. I personally dont care about new features for it, just so long as it keeps being maintained for future kernels+OS environment updates. Everything seems to be going Qt these days anyway.

I like the release name; 'I Eat Tapes' ....ahhh, goodbye bad old tech. I will not miss you.
      Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
        Everything seems to be going Qt these days anyway.
        I wasn't aware of any high profile GTK3 apps going to Qt. Which are you thinking of?

Comment

Originally posted by dstaubsauger View Post
          Anyone can work on anything they want. There is a Music application that has been developed. There is always room for multiple applications though. E.g. the Music app might be too simplistic for some. In which case it is nice to have a few alternatives to choose from.

Comment

>Support for composer tags

About damn time! It took them 10 years to implement this!

Comment

Originally posted by leif81 View Post
              I wasn't aware of any high profile GTK3 apps going to Qt. Which are you thinking of?
              Whilst not the most accurate of off the cuff claims, you are taking things out of context slightly. Try this; anything looking for a modern toolkit and not already a GTK/Gnome app, the buzz makes it look like all heavenly goodness happens in Qt
              Hi

Comment

I personally always prefered Amarok 1.4-style player. When I was using Gnome it was Exaile, and now Clementine, which really kicks ass imo.

Comment

Working...
                X