Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRM Graphics Updates Sent In For Linux 3.12

Phoronix: DRM Graphics Updates Sent In For Linux 3.12

For those monitoring the daily advancements to the open-source DRM (Direct Rendering Manager) kernel graphics driver, the big feature pull request has been sent in for the Linux 3.12 kernel merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: DRM Graphics Updates Sent In For Linux 3.12

For those monitoring the daily advancements to the open-source DRM (Direct Rendering Manager) kernel graphics driver, the big feature pull request has been sent in for the Linux 3.12 kernel merge window...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ1NDg
    I hope 3.12 fixes dpm for me...

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
      Hit up alex either on the mailing list or on the boards with your GPU model, he might know what specific bug(s) is your issue
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
        What chipset, etc? As Ericg said, file a bug, or hit up Alex via the dri-devel mailing list.

In most cases (e.g. all 3 of my radeon-based systems), you should be able to:
        1) Grab the new kernel
        2) set radeon.dpm=1 as a kernel boot parameter
        3) Make sure that you've got updated firmware for your card... without the firmware update, DPM won't be enabled.

What type of symptoms are you seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
          What chipset, etc? As Ericg said, file a bug, or hit up Alex via the dri-devel mailing list.

In most cases (e.g. all 3 of my radeon-based systems), you should be able to:
          1) Grab the new kernel
          2) set radeon.dpm=1 as a kernel boot parameter
          3) Make sure that you've got updated firmware for your card... without the firmware update, DPM won't be enabled.

What type of symptoms are you seeing?

I think it's just because I have 2 cards, a10-4600m + 7670m. 3.12 is supposed to be able to dynamically switch the dedicated off so I think that's the problem. I'm getting freezing after about 2 minutes.

Comment

Working...
          X