Sound Drivers Gets Better With Linux 3.12 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
    Basically throw all the layers that are there now and just rip off the windows solution. Like, copy their design. No need to be original in everything. I hate it when using Jack that I can't listen to music. It looks very amateurish and hackish. Microsoft must have gotten something right.

Have fun...

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
      This is just a vaporware.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge View Post
        I have always had better experiences with audio on Windows than on Linux. However, I have only done pro audio (editing and original composition) on Linux, not Windows, so my observations of Windows audio being superior to Linux audio are based on very assymetric experiences. If it is true that people doing pro audio on Windows prefer a 3rd party stack, then I stand corrected.
        Well a large part of that is going to be a little something that people love to deny about audio hardware, which is to say the fact that there's a DSP. Under windows the drivers are written capable of completely taking advantage of all of the DSP's capabilities, however the linux drivers are very lacking in this regard, which is part of why for instance I can't use the Dolby Headphone Virtual surround sound feature with my Corsair Vengence 1500 headphones under Linux even though it makes sound sound a lot better under windows, which makes the Linux experience lacking in comparison there. And for that matter as well part of why I can have EAX 1, 2 & 5 on my C-Media based Xonar card under windows but the card will never support EAX 3 or 4 no matter how what community driver or how much they hack on it, because that's functionality that is part of the DSP.
        Last edited by Luke_Wolf; 06 September 2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X