Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free COMPILERS and CROSS-COMPILERS for Linux and Windows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jade View Post
    Yeah. ftp://sourceware.org/pub/java/ecj-latest.jar provides you with the Eclipse Java compiler.
    I had that installed in the gcc source tree and after doing that, the cross compiler build wanted to use x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-gcj to compile something that would be part of the cross compiler. Someone else has been working on this along with me and they could if they specified "--build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu --target=i686-pc-mingw32" in the configure command, "gcj" would be invoked at the point x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-gcj was attempted to be invoked and the symlink I created wasn't needed.

In any event, the cross compiler is built now and my "HelloWorld" test program in both C++ and Java compiles, links, and executes just fine! Now, I'm on the hunt for something "real" I can cross compile.

Thanks again!

Peace...

Comment

Originally posted by tomdkat View Post
      In any event, the cross compiler is built now and my "HelloWorld" test program in both C++ and Java compiles, links, and executes just fine! Now, I'm on the hunt for something "real" I can cross compile.
      You might try MPlayer for Win32.

I compiled it some years ago.

There were quite a number of traps, but it all compiled in the end.

If you choose to do this you have to get certain extra Win32 headers and libs.

The headers and libs that come with w32api-3.13-mingw32 and mingw-runtime-3.14-src.tar.gz are deliberately incomplete.

Various more complete collections exist, or at least did exist, on the internet.

It is supposedly possible to use Microsoft's headers and libs, if you massage the headers a little (there is supposedly a script to do this).

General headers and libs (DDK2003) can be found in this download (236 MB Iso-Image):

For the DirectX headers and libs, use some version of DXSDK. The latest I have is dxsdk_nov2007.exe

Can't find/remember the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade View Post
        You might try MPlayer for Win32.

I compiled it some years ago.

There were quite a number of traps, but it all compiled in the end.

If you choose to do this you have to get certain extra Win32 headers and libs.

The headers and libs that come with w32api-3.13-mingw32 and mingw-runtime-3.14-src.tar.gz are deliberately incomplete.

Various more complete collections exist, or at least did exist, on the internet.

It is supposedly possible to use Microsoft's headers and libs, if you massage the headers a little (there is supposedly a script to do this).

General headers and libs (DDK2003) can be found in this download (236 MB Iso-Image):

For the DirectX headers and libs, use some version of DXSDK. The latest I have is dxsdk_nov2007.exe

Can't find/remember the link.
        Great! Thanks for the info!

I was thinking of starting with Gimp from source. We'll see how that goes.

Peace...

Comment

The most recent DirectX headers and libs, can be found in the archive: DXSDK_Nov08.exe

DirectX SDK (November 2008) 483.2 MB.

Comment

Originally posted by tomdkat View Post
            I was thinking of starting with Gimp from source. We'll see how that goes.
            If you are using some guide, let us know about it.

Comment

Very nice guide. Thanks.

Comment

Anyone know of any guides for GCC 4.4?

Comment

Working...
                X