Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lima Mesa Driver Can Now Handle ES2Gears

Phoronix: The Lima Mesa Driver Can Now Handle ES2Gears

It's been a while since having anything to report on the Lima driver project for reverse-engineering ARM Mali graphics, but now its "classic" Mesa driver is up to being able to run the "es2gears" OpenGL ES 2.0 test case...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What are the reasons for using a classic driver rather than Gallium3D? If technical, I'd like to learn the details.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by calica View Post
      What are the reasons for using a classic driver rather than Gallium3D? If technical, I'd like to learn the details.

Thanks.
      Someone didn't read the blog entry.

Comment

Originally posted by libv View Post
        Someone didn't read the blog entry.
        legitimate question - you yourself asked this not even a month ago:
        Originally posted by libv View Post
        Look at Gallium versus Intel. What did gallium do wrong that intel couldn't use more bits of it? Or is intel just doing NIH as a rule?

Comment

Originally posted by daniels View Post
          legitimate question - you yourself asked this not even a month ago:
          Where in the article this quote comes from, was the blog entry referenced which answers this question? I think only Anholts mega-drivers were covered, and not the technical and/or political reasons for intel driver developers choosing their own compiler infrastructure over gallium. Whereas Calicas question is readily answered in the blog entry which is referenced at the end of the article.

My statement also had a different purpose. I did not want to get informed myself, i wanted Marek to think about his own statements and the potential consequences his line of thinking has.

That's two fundamental reasons why i am quite puzzled by what you just stated. It is clear to the world that you leave no chance to try to rile me unused, and that you (and your friends) are liable to go to extreme lengths to do so. But please, either don't bother, or at least find something useful to rile me with. This halfarsed shit is just childish.

Comment

Working...
          X