No announcement yet.

Steam Linux Usage Drops During August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesnt alter the fact there's still barely any games! Not even old Loki stuff wrapped in a wrapper made to work on 'modern systems' or VM kind of things. Which I'm have to resort to in order to play my Alpha Centauri and Majesty =P
    Hi

Comment

I haven't been keeping up but is there some advanced option in Steam on Linux to force download windows games on linux so I can run them on wine?
      And, yes I did BUY some games that run on linux to show support, but would like to download my other windows games as well.

Comment

Give me good working graphics driver for my HD 4670M with Ubuntu 12.04 and i will start using steam again...

Hopefully Ubuntu 14.04 will use Kernel 3.11 or above...

Comment

This is non-news, really. Oh no, a presumably very small number changed by a very small margin!

Originally posted by tweak42 View Post
          I haven't been keeping up but is there some advanced option in Steam on Linux to force download windows games on linux so I can run them on wine?
          No, and it wouldn't work that way for most games anyways because they actually want to interact with the Steam client in some way.

Comment

And, yes I did BUY some games that run on linux to show support, but would like to download my other windows games as well.
            I would like to preload windows games with linux steam.
            I only want to use windows, if I play games, not for downloading...

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
              Don't forget about the whole "The survey doesn't pop up on Linux" issue for people who have an install on both Windows and Linux.

There are several people who report the survey popping up when they log into steam on Windows several times (not filling it out) but it never once popping up on Linux, even though their "account" was selected.

*disclaimer* Just what I've heard. Don't kill the messenger...
              I have gotten the survey once, and I was very happy, I was on Linux (openSUSE)
              I do not like that it seems to be pure luck though.

But if I only look at myself, I played all available Linux games. ( at-least the ones I want to play )

And the last time I tried, Left For dead 2 run quite good, but not yet as good as on windows.

Comment

Even if there was a way, you cant play games which need direct X 11 to name one problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Belial View Post
                  While they might need to work on the way they collect their statistics, if they've stayed consistent on how they've been doing it so far, then it doesn't change the fact that usage is dropping.
                  I don't mind acknowledging the drop. I do mind everyone will be discussing the matter based on data that are of low quality even by 'full-blown-journalism' standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
                    Don't forget about the whole "The survey doesn't pop up on Linux" issue for people who have an install on both Windows and Linux.

There are several people who report the survey popping up when they log into steam on Windows several times (not filling it out) but it never once popping up on Linux, even though their "account" was selected.

*disclaimer* Just what I've heard. Don't kill the messenger...
                    I don't use Windows but only have the thing pop up when using wine and I was in beta and have yet to see it on Linux. I believe it.

Comment

LOL just this very moment I got the survey myself.
                      So September will be the month of the Linux triumph, gogo 3%!

Comment

Working...
                      X