Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE 4.11.1 Release Brings 70+ Fixes

Phoronix: KDE 4.11.1 Release Brings 70+ Fixes

KDE SC 4.11.1 has been released as the first monthly stable point release update to the KDE 4.11 Software Compilation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh good, lets hope this fixes all the compositing issues I'm getting. It's frustrating how often I have use alt+shift+F12 so I can actually see my screen again. I never had to do this before 4.11.

Comment

I use combination of ctrl+alt+FX

and then back to ctrl+alt+F7 or 6 or 8 not sure now and it restores the current session

Comment

Too bad python issue isn't fixed ... KDE Python bindings are broken with latest PyQt and sip, redering anything that uses Python in KDe unusable (plasma-desktop segfaulting because it tries to load synaptiks which is written in Python).

Comment

Any idea why my linux mint dont' see the update not this one and not the earlier one...i have added kubuntu beta ppa.

Comment

Originally posted by Krejzi View Post
            Too bad python issue isn't fixed ... KDE Python bindings are broken with latest PyQt and sip, redering anything that uses Python in KDe unusable (plasma-desktop segfaulting because it tries to load synaptiks which is written in Python).
            just curiosity, what distro you use? because in gentoo and arch kde-4.11.1 and pyhton run just peachy but maybe i got a fix already in latest release. anyway report the bug in your distro or to kde bugzilla to check if someone else can repeat it in another distro

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              Oh good, lets hope this fixes all the compositing issues I'm getting. It's frustrating how often I have use alt+shift+F12 so I can actually see my screen again. I never had to do this before 4.11.
              if you are using fglrx you need to export some env variables, there are somewhere in martin G+ or kde planet, i don't remeber.

if you are running FOSS drivers try getting mesa 9.2 or check if it is specific to your distro

Comment

Is this the version that runs under Wayland and doesn't need X?

Comment

Originally posted by codegreen View Post
                  Is this the version that runs under Wayland and doesn't need X?
                  No. That will be available with KDE Plasma Workspaces 2.0 that's based on Qt 5 and KF5 and will be released sometime next year.

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                    just curiosity, what distro you use? because in gentoo and arch kde-4.11.1 and pyhton run just peachy but maybe i got a fix already in latest release. anyway report the bug in your distro or to kde bugzilla to check if someone else can repeat it in another distro
                    Problem is present in Arch, too if you update pyqt and sip to latest versions, 4.10.3 and 4.15.1 respectively. You can't compile PyKDE against any of them, but it still has a version of PyKDE built with earlier pyqt and sip. Bug is already known to upstream and requires fixing 3 packages. But as I said, it didn't made it to 4.11.1 release.

Comment

Working...
                    X