No announcement yet.

Composite Bypass Support Sharply Bumps XMir's Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now cue a supporting statement by LinuxGamer.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
      funny but dee dislikes me too nice try BRO!!

Comment

And the trolls show up, and post within minutes of each other. Something tells me that they are the same person. Pathetic when you need two accounts to make it seem like someone actually agrees with you.
        So let me see if I understand this correctly. dee posts. LinuxGamer posts 4 minutes later. You post 3 minutes after that. And somehow this proves that dee and LinuxGamer are the same person? By that logic, doesn't that also prove you are also the same person?

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
          For the last time, "troll" does not mean "person I disagree with", "FUD" does not mean "things I don't want to believe", and if you are so anxious to wilfully ignore any contrary opinions you can just put everyone you disagree with on ignore and stop twisting your panties in a bunch. I'm getting sick of your whining.

Also, LOL at the idea I'm the same person as LinuxGamer. If you seriously can't tell the difference in writing style, grammar and vernacular, you're even dafter than I thought... having multiple accounts is against the forum rules, so if you're accusing me of that or some other rule violation, feel free to use the report button and give the mods some laughs. Otherwise, just STFU.
          Trolling takes all forms: You could be one of those people that try to create a credible persona to gain the confidence of others, then subtly provokes,at every opportunity in an attempt to arouse resentment and anger in others. If you were that kind of person it's likely things were taken further by creating several other troll/sok accounts. Strategic trolls take great pride in being able to recreate individual writing styles for each account they have. They also often use the same excuses you do justifying their actions

At the end of the day i don't care either way.
          At least the Dee persona's posts are readable.The same can't be said for the illiterate, annoying, childish persona,that is LinuxGamer,thus simply ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
            funny but dee dislikes me too nice try BRO!!
            Who doesn't.....

Comment

Just keep repeating the "I can't hear you" arguments. Really proves that Mir is a good thing! :P

Comment

Originally posted by DDF420 View Post
                Trolling takes all forms: You could be one of those people that try to create a credible persona to gain the confidence of others, then subtly provokes,at every opportunity in an attempt to arouse resentment and anger in others. If you were that kind of person it's likely things were taken further by creating several other troll/sok accounts. Strategic trolls take great pride in being able to recreate individual writing styles for each account they have. They also often use the same excuses you do justifying their actions

At the end of the day i don't care either way.
                At least the Dee persona's posts are readable.The same can't be said for the illiterate, annoying, childish persona,that is LinuxGamer,thus simply ignored.
                Originally posted by verde View Post
                Who doesn't.....
                ohh look at the Canonical PR team you guys are working hard tonight so you're now a psychologist, a judge, a detective, and a Douchebag (well you was a Douchebag before) you know i remember a time some guy tryed to say the same thing your names not Aaron Barr is it?

Comment

Or, or... get this! Every person IN THE WORLD could just be your IMAGINATION, and you could be the only real person in existence! Maybe I'm just a figment of your imagination, created by your broken mind that went insane from loneliness! And the entire universe could just be a simulation, some sick experiment, and you're just a brain in a jar somewhere being fed a simulation of life. Ain't solipsism fun?

Comment

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
                    Yes, I am aware. I just contrasted what the poster said to what is supposed to happen. He says Wayland devs expected XWayland to perform better than pure X.org, but they actually said that running apps on XWayland with a native Wayland compositor should perform better. Neither XWayland or XMir will ever beat clean X.org for DEs, because X.org is still doing the hard compositing (and others, like input handling, which for apps will be always taken by the app as far as the X server can see) work in such a context. I know every app, when using XWayland with apps instead of the misuse Canonical is doing with XMir, will spawn it's own rootless server, for which the app will own all the input and "screen" surface, allowing to ignore any input handling and bypass any compositing inside this server, and THUS being faster than clean X.org because Wayland is more efficient in such tasks.
                    Actually I didn't specify what was supposed to run better. As you say, xwayland has been designed to run apps (which is what I had thought was being tested in the article rather than whole environments) and what was tested was, well, apps rather than the environment, hence my comment about xwayland intended to perform as well (and sometimes better than) x.

Comment

Hear hear, it's like trying to read those posts from that LinuxAnalsBSD and OpenSLOWaris character who still manages to make new accounts and cause a ruckus every now and again.

Comment

Working...
                      X