Composite Bypass Support Sharply Bumps XMir's Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
    Lol, no, I don't need games ported for my game/system bench marking tool.
    You really have a sense of humor. My respect! This is not very common over here!

Comment

Originally posted by froyo View Post
      You really have a sense of humor. My respect! This is not very common over here!
      First time I haven't seen flame wars starting here.

Comment

I don't understand why XMir is still slower for fullscreen games. If compositing is being bypassed, what else is taking a performance slice?

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
          I don't understand why XMir is still slower for fullscreen games. If compositing is being bypassed, what else is taking a performance slice?
          It's the Mir on top of XMir running a DE instead of just Xorg running a DE.

Comment

Originally posted by gufide View Post
            It's the Mir on top of XMir running a DE instead of just Xorg running a DE.
            It's amazing what a few nano-seconds here-and-there can do to frame rate. I'm surprised that its not worse.

Comment

It's amazing what a few nano-seconds here-and-there can do to frame rate. I'm surprised that its not worse.
              Yeah, at least they did a good job to make it with a good performance. But I still think this is the worst idea they ever did

Comment

I'm surprised that its not worse.
                So... you expected Canonical to do an even worse job than they are doing?

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
                  So... you expected Canonical to do an even worse job than they are doing?
                  how do you get worse then the Xorg server ohh wait..

Comment

And the trolls show up, and post within minutes of each other. Something tells me that they are the same person. Pathetic when you need two accounts to make it seem like someone actually agrees with you.

Comment

And the trolls show up, and post within minutes of each other. Something tells me that they are the same person. Pathetic when you need two accounts to make it seem like someone actually agrees with you.
                      For the last time, "troll" does not mean "person I disagree with", "FUD" does not mean "things I don't want to believe", and if you are so anxious to wilfully ignore any contrary opinions you can just put everyone you disagree with on ignore and stop twisting your panties in a bunch. I'm getting sick of your whining.

Also, LOL at the idea I'm the same person as LinuxGamer. If you seriously can't tell the difference in writing style, grammar and vernacular, you're even dafter than I thought... having multiple accounts is against the forum rules, so if you're accusing me of that or some other rule violation, feel free to use the report button and give the mods some laughs. Otherwise, just STFU.

Comment

Working...
                      X