Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu SDK To Look At Ports To Windows, OS X

Phoronix: Ubuntu SDK To Look At Ports To Windows, OS X

Ubuntu developers are looking at how to bring the Ubuntu SDK for application development to Windows and OS X operating systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I usually don't troll but...

Qt already works in all platforms. Why would anyone wrap the Qt SDK in a layer of cheat?!
    Are they trying to fork Qt? They've already patched it to run their crappy display server, how much crap have they added to Qt so it doesn't compile to windows and mac?

Every single piece of cheat they create only runs on Ubuntu and they all run like cheat. Unity, Mir, Ubuntu One, Software Center, Compiz/unity, Launchpad...

BTW, I've just discovered I can't install Ubuntu One in other distros. And that crap runs like cheat on Android and Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by talvik View Post
      Welcome to the Microsoft of Linux.

Comment

There a many "easy" ways to create non-portable apps with Qt. It's not all in the toolkit.

A trivial example is to create files/folders where casing matters: two files, one named 'Config' and the other 'config'.

Comment

I hope Ubuntu will eventually die. It's a cancer for Linux, a trojan horse.

Comment

Qt already works in all platforms. Why would anyone wrap the Qt SDK in a layer of cheat?!
            Definition, Synonyms, Translations of cheat by The Free Dictionary

I think you are misusing that word.
            Are they trying to fork Qt?
            No.
            They've already patched it to run their crappy display server, how much crap have they added to Qt so it doesn't compile to windows and mac?
            You obviously do not know what you are talking about.
            Every single piece of cheat they create only runs on Ubuntu and they all run like cheat. Unity, Mir, Ubuntu One, Software Center, Compiz/unity, Launchpad...
            Let me excuse the misuse of "cheat" for a bit. You are a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
              Let me excuse the misuse of "cheat" for a bit. You are a liar.
              Thanks. Yes, I meant a layer of shit, crap, poo, fecal matter, stool or feces.

I'm not lying. Here is Qt SDK avaiable for Linux, Mac, Win http://qt-project.org/downloads.
              And when they bundled Qt SDK with their shit, it's Ubuntu only. Here is a slogan:
              "Qt with Shit?, only on Ubuntu."

Comment

I don't understand. They talk about porting, but then the idea is just do what anyone would do when their platform they want to code for is not supported by the SDKs that run on their preferred system: run the system on a VM. What's the point on 'porting' if you end up doing that? Or is 'VM' used as in JIT compilers and such?

On another subject, this
                potentially just not for ruinning apps but also for the development environment.
                Made me smile.

Comment

Thanks. Yes, I meant a layer of shit, crap, poo, fecal matter, stool or feces.

I'm not lying. Here is Qt SDK avaiable for Linux, Mac, Win http://qt-project.org/downloads.
                  And when they bundled Qt SDK with their shit, it's Ubuntu only. Here is a slogan:
                  "Qt with Shit?, only on Ubuntu."
                  They simply made the Ubuntu plugins for Linux. Now that they are confident that it works, they can port it to Mac and Windows.

That is the very same method that Sailfish took. Their SDK was initially only available for Linux, then they made it available to Windows and Mac. Why weren't you raving and ranting about Sailfish then?

Comment

Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
                    They simply made the Ubuntu plugins for Linux. Now that they are confident that it works, they can port it to Mac and Windows.

That is the very same method that Sailfish took. Their SDK was initially only available for Linux, then they made it available to Windows and Mac. Why weren't you raving and ranting about Sailfish then?
                    No doubt we'll hear him rant on about how evil copyright assignment is and how Ubuntu and its users and developers will be going to hell for using them, even though several popular FOSS projects do exactly the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X