Intel Haswell Linux Performance Remains Mixed Against Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by startzz View Post
    Well, i wouldnt call this a big victory, because you cant call any victory to be 100 %, for that you must test every game, and if they all will run better on one os, then it will be called a winner. So there is no way linux will ever be faster than windows, because on windows there is 99999999999 opengl games that you cant test on linux, and testing these few old "games" and synthetic tests for ages is zero. Anyway, windows always will the winner, but for situation like this, when you can test only a few things out of millions, its like the fight on windows "geforce vs radeon", where is no real leader in the same category, some games run better on radeon, and some on geforce.
    What a flawed logic. If you want prove windows is faster than Linux you have to show it's faster in games which are available on both platforms. Good to see Linux with Open Source driver (!!!) outperforms this closed mess. AMD is also improving greatly and this makes me happy.

Comment

Basically intel gfx is nicely improveing but testing source engine with tf2 or l4d2 would be more interesting. I do not play any of those games used. Still have to compile llvm 3.3 in order to try mesa 9.2, but sooner or later i will check it myself

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Basically intel gfx is nicely improveing but testing source engine with tf2 or l4d2 would be more interesting. I do not play any of those games used. Still have to compile llvm 3.3 in order to try mesa 9.2, but sooner or later i will check it myself
        Only the Radeon LLVM backend requires that recent a version. You don't need 3.3 to test Intel, llvmpipe, r300, or r600 with only the standard backend.

Comment

Working...
        X