lack of antiliasing for 32bit apps in 64bit system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lack of antiliasing for 32bit apps in 64bit system

As from the subject it's not possible to enable antialiasing in 32bit 3D apps... when the system is a 64bit.

i'm wondering if it is a bug, or a missing feature.

i open a bug on the bugzilla but nobody answered...

maybe here somebody will give me an answer.
    thank's

nobody ever answers to this question, neither here nor in the bugzilla...

is it too difficult to say: "yep, is a bug!" or "no, it's a missing feature!" !?!? (or even, "we are not interested in bringing anti-aliasing for 32bt apps to 64bit users")

i would just like to know if i have to expect it in the near future or never....

it's not a feature that i absolutely need.. i just want to know.

thank's :-)

Comment

To run 32 bit apps on 64 bit Linux, you need 32 bit versions of all the libraries the 32 bit app uses. It's like you've got 2 operating systems one 64 bit and one 32 - almost everything has been duplicated except a few things like the kernel.

It's actually a common problem for fonts to look different in 32 bit apps. It probably has nothing to do with Ati/AMD or their driver. It's caused by a mismatch between your 64 bit and 32 bit font rendering libraries, like freetype. They may be different versions, or compiled with different options enabled, or not sharing the same configuration file.

I suppose it's possible for the Ati control center to configure both. Maybe it's supposed to, I have no idea. It's probably a missing feature.
      Last edited by StringCheesian; 29 March 2008, 02:02 PM.

Comment

sorry, but the issue is for 3D apps. the fonts are all ok! :-)

gentoo manages all dependencies for 32bit apps providing the right emul-linux-x86-* package for every need, so fonts and everything else is ok.

the issue, as I said, is with 3D apps: every other effect is ok, just anti-aliasing.

Bye! :-)
        (and thank's, even if it was not the answer to the problem :-))

Comment

Working...
        X