Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Selection 2 Appears On Steam For Linux

Phoronix: Natural Selection 2 Appears On Steam For Linux

The Natural Selection 2 game has surfaced on the Steam for Linux library...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good thing Phoronix missed the official announcement of the Linux version for 30th August 2013. Journalism, ho!

Speculation is better than official information.

Comment

It's appeared yet you can't actually play it until the 30th. It seems it downloaded the windows version as it has lots of .dll and .exe files in the NS2 folder?

Comment

Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
        Good thing Phoronix missed the official announcement of the Linux version for 30th August 2013. Journalism, ho!

Speculation is better than official information.
        Now he can move on to report that Amnesia A Machine For Pigs also appeared for Linux

Comment

wow, that's awesome! I thought I'd have to wait 5 more days. Great! Interestingly, I didn't notice it in my Steam library until I read the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucic View Post
            Now he can move on to report that Amnesia A Machine For Pigs also appeared for Linux
            Oh no, I'm still recovering from the original Amnesia.

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post
              Oh no, I'm still recovering from the original Amnesia.
              Just be sure to have a bag of Milky Ways handy.

Comment

Dead Space

I would love to see Dead Space (1,2,3) for Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                  Just be sure to have a bag of Milky Ways handy.
                  Or rather - don't poop on the genuine, extraordinary experience by watching gameplay videos with constant clown-commentary.

On the phoronix news. Phoronix has to be "the one true place to find false/erroneous linux-on-steam-related release news" Still best Linux news portal I know.

Comment

oh, it seems that the game isn't fully there. At least I can't start it (it says something about a missing executable). Damn.

Also there are .exe files in the game's directory, so I guess they just took all their Windows stuff and put it on the Linux side for now.
                    Last edited by Detructor; 25 August 2013, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X