Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oculus Rift Is Easy To Setup On Linux

Phoronix: Oculus Rift Is Easy To Setup On Linux

For those wondering about using the Oculus Rift VR system on Linux for a virtual reality 3D gaming headset, it should work just fine on your favorite Linux distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

if i remember TF2 runs on this

Comment

All Source engine games by Valve should run on Oculus Rift but not all have been implemented/enabled at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post
        All Source engine games by Valve should run on Oculus Rift but not all have been implemented/enabled at this time.
        "these things take time"

Comment

I'm looking forward to when this is all ironed out:

Looks like it's pretty much done, I just want better resolutions and prices at this point.

Comment

Cheeseness did an editorial on in with a video under Linux for those interested in it: http://www.gamingonlinux.com/article...x-support.2133

Comment

I have an Oculus Rift DK2 now and it has been over a month since the 0.4 SDK was first released and there is still no linux support.
              The 0.3 SDK has rudimentary support for head tracking and the display, but it seems almost nobody is actually using it. Most are just using the 0.4 SDK and create windows-only (and if you're lucky, Mac OS X) software.

OpenHMD seems to support the DK2 and I will certainly test the programs mentioned in the article from Cheeseness.

For this matter I put together my experiences on Reddit on what works and how to get stuff working because it seems so far everything is scattered around on blogs and forums at best:

I'm also interested in ibex, but the developer has been silent for a while. Hopefully he returns with a DK2 implementation soon: https://bitbucket.org/druidsbane/ibe...mment-10931838

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
                I have an Oculus Rift DK2 now and it has been over a month since the 0.4 SDK was first released and there is still no linux support.
                The 0.3 SDK has rudimentary support for head tracking and the display, but it seems almost nobody is actually using it. Most are just using the 0.4 SDK and create windows-only (and if you're lucky, Mac OS X) software.

OpenHMD seems to support the DK2 and I will certainly test the programs mentioned in the article from Cheeseness.

For this matter I put together my experiences on Reddit on what works and how to get stuff working because it seems so far everything is scattered around on blogs and forums at best:

I'm also interested in ibex, but the developer has been silent for a while. Hopefully he returns with a DK2 implementation soon: https://bitbucket.org/druidsbane/ibe...mment-10931838
                About that, recently (in the last 24h) a coupe of users from reddit/oculus have started to reverse input data in order to develop an alternative (crowdsourced) DK2 SDK for linux:

Also some guy from OpenHMD has showed up suggesting to join forces.

Comment

Working...
                X