Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment E19 Can Act As A Wayland Compositor

Phoronix: Enlightenment E19 Can Act As A Wayland Compositor

Enlightenment's Wayland ambitions are becoming a reality with Enlightenment E19 set to support operating as its own Wayland compositor using some interesting technology...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is this the first news about a wayland compositor other than weston?

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
      nope

Comment

Boy still ugly as hell after all these years

Comment

Originally posted by pheldens View Post
          What is ugly for some is beatiful for others... but yes, I also think it's ugly. For me, XFCE is the only usable desktop at the moment, although I have to recognise I have not tried latest KDE versions. But I really like simplicity and current DE are everything but simple.

Comment

Someone at enlightenment acknowledged that. They said they can make it really pretty, but they spend so much time ensuring that it is possible, that they never got around to demonstrate it. IIRC E19 would show what it can really do (aka: pretty).

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
              Gnome and KDE at least are both using their own Wayland compositor some time mid next year.

Comment

The default wallpaper is what spoils the screenshot. The black theme is quite ok actually.

Comment

Whatever happened to E18?

To be perfectly honest, I have been underwhelmed by E17. I have it on one machine - it has occasional pauses and most of the extras never did work well. I'm prepared to admit that it's a muffed installation, but haven't had the time to remove and reinstall.

Comment

Originally posted by phred14 View Post
                    Whatever happened to E18?

To be perfectly honest, I have been underwhelmed by E17. I have it on one machine - it has occasional pauses and most of the extras never did work well. I'm prepared to admit that it's a muffed installation, but haven't had the time to remove and reinstall.
                    It will be released after the EFL 1.8 at some point. They just started working on e19 early. As for e17 there are some things/features missing but for me its quite stable.

Comment

Working...
                    X